Thursday, December 8, 2011

My old dog



Dec 7th my dog celebrated her 11th birthday. It's been a hell of a journey from finding a pup on the side of the road with some lady who couldn't keep her to today, over a decade later. It's pretty hard to see her starting to slow a little bit, you know? We used to go running and she would try to pull me the whole time, and now she is the one dragging behind. She doesn't really like to play much anymore, either. She won't fetch anything that isn't edible. She's more tolerant of foster dogs, but still wont be pushed around. I can only hope she has a few years left to track mud through my house, bark at nothing, and snore next to my bed at night.

If we, as humans, could have one goal maybe it should be something as simple as being as good as your dog thinks you are.

2011-Dec-8
Crossfit Central WOD
5x5 floor press
135, 185, 205, 225, 245 (had help on 5th rep @ 245)

Tabata 8 rounds:
medball clean 20lb
ring rows
Low rounds: 6 & 6

2011-Dec-7
Krav Maga class - last class I can make before level test this coming weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment