Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Sparring is fun!!

Level Test Survivors!
My last blog post I talked about the Krav Maga level test I had taken, and since then I've found out I passed the test. I was pretty confident that I had passed, but you know how that goes - you don't know for sure until you know.

So this week I went to my first L2 class, equipped with my new shin guards and 16oz gloves wondering how often they would be used. Right damn now was the answer. We warmed up by sparring about 30-40% behind the punches and kicks, did some other calisthenics, stretched, then sparred and practiced lots of defenses that I had never done before. It was great! At the end, we sparred with different people. You quickly realize the speed/quickness difference between a small young guy and a big older guy. I got caught in the nose a couple times, but delivered some good shots of my own, including a couple really nice leg kicks. The adrenaline rush of this last little bit was definitely noticeable! I can't wait for the next class.

It's been a long week, but not in a bad way! Lots going on, so this blog which is really just my workout log hasn't been updated in a long ass time. So, to keep it short and simple and allow me to get back to work, that's it...I'll leave you with this link:

30 things to stop doing to yourself



2011-Dec-20
Lift Heavy Shit & Work Double-Unders

Deadlift 5x5 -
Shoulder Press 5x5 -
Front Squat 5x5 (from ground - no racks) -

Double Unders: 200

2011-Dec-19
Krav L1 and Krav L2 classes
First night in L2, which was really fun. We basically sparred the whole time! FUN!

2011-Dec-18
Run 5k
Forgot my dang GPS/HR/Stop watch! Ugh! :)

2011-Dec-17
Dog walk & went scuba diving

2011-Dec-16
Kickboxing class

2011-Dec-15

5x2 Sumo Deadlift
135, 225, 275, 275, 315x
 For Time:
12-10-8-6-4-2
Games Standard Box Jump
Pullups
10min cutoff, finished through 6


2011-Dec-14
Krav L1 and Kickboxing classes


2011-Dec-13
Crossfit Central WOD

"Annie"
ForTime:
50-40-30-20-10
Double-Unders, AbMat SitUps
13:46 Rx

No comments:

Post a Comment