Thursday, April 14, 2011

Challenge

What do you do when you are challenged? Do you give it your all? Do you try for a little while, then back off? Do you say "bring it, bitch!" and go for it?

Today the WOD was pretty interesting looking. Bear complexes and box jumps. Whew. I thought for sure it'd be 135lb as RX weight, and thought that would be tough. Wrong. Coach Zach told me to do 185! Now that changes things a good bit! After the 2nd round, Coach Ben asked if I wanted to go down to 155lbs. "No, there is no backing it down now," I replied. I am glad that I kept going with 185lbs...it was a huge challenge, very heavy, and though I didn't finish the workout in the cut-off time, I did not get cheated today!

"Age wrinkles the body. Quitting wrinkles the soul." 
-GEN. Douglas MacArthur

Crossfit Central WOD 2011-Apr-14

3x3 Squat Clean
135/185/205

For Time:
I Bear Complex (BC)
25 Box Jumps (BJ)
2 BC/25 BJ 
3BC/25 BJ
4BC/25 BJ
5BC/ 25 BJ
4 rounds + 1 bear complex, all 185lb, 20min cutoff

No comments:

Post a Comment