Thursday, September 8, 2011

Aren't you fit enough?

A buddy of mine, who doesn't really work out too much, asked me "Why do you work out so much? Aren't you fit enough already?"  No. That is my answer.

It goes to show what some people consider fit enough. I try not to compare myself to other people, except when its GO time - I want to finish a WOD faster or lift more than everyone else in the class. Sometimes I pull it off, too. A couple of times I have had the top score for the day out of everyone - that is a great feeling!  That being said, I don't feel like I am anywhere near my full potential. I feel like I am starting to scratch through, though. It's taken a lot of focus on my part, and asking for help too. Luckily there are great people around with positive energy and even better advice. Thanks DK & ZT.

I am a bit worried about being on vacation for nearly three weeks. There is no fitness center and I have no idea what the food situation will be every day. I don't want to take steps backwards, but at the same time I want to actually enjoy my trip!

2011-Sep-8
Crossfit Central WOD
Strength: 3x5 Push Press
135-185-135

10,8,6,4,2
HSPU
SDHP, 135#
4:50 (box HSPU, RX SDHP) - box are too easy. will use bands from pullup bar next time.

2011-Sep-7
Krav Maga
Tons of side hammer fist drills then multiple opponents at once, good stuff.

KO Bag Kickboxing
Weighted Wednesdays = pain train :) Tons of squats, sprawls, etc. Worked on some side kicks, heel kicks (aka heel bitch-slaps haha)

2011-Sep-6
Crossfit Central WOD
"Nasty Girls"
Three Rounds:
50 Squat
7 MuscleUp
10 Hang Power Clean, 135
12:47 (Assisted MU)

2011-Sep-4 & 5
Rescue Diver Course
In the water 4.5hrs each day doing tons of scenarios as victim & demonstrating for the class. Was a good refresher for me too, even!

2011-Sep-3
10,9,8....1
Dead Lift, 135#
Abmat Situp
Air Squat
Medball Slam
V-Up w/med ball
Pushups
Single Unders x 10 (100, 90, 80....10)
21:08

Went diving after, so it was a long day!

2011-Sep-2
Active rest day: took the dogs for a walk, yard work, garage clean, fun fun

No comments:

Post a Comment