Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Racing is back


The weather allowed the Dirt Derby races to happen last night. We had a different and much easier track this time, as the property has moved the motocross track closer to the road. A flat, twisty, slippery hard-pack with some loose sections hidden here and there along with a very stiff wind in our faces at times was still a good challenge and resulted in some good racing, at least in the middle of the pack where I was! I got a much better start than my first race and made a few passes straight away. I was making ground on some guys in front of me when someone fell right in front of me and I had to stop to avoid him and the people next to me. I ended up getting a couple of them back later in the race by using better lines and upshifting when the wind was at my back - use that wind when you can! While we need the rain, I hope it holds out for next week so we can race!


2012-Mar-6
Crossfit Central WOD
CFT Finish DL:  365, 405x, 405x
I got 365 up, which I missed last time. Still not happy with that.

Dirt Derby Mountain Bike Race (20min, 5 laps)
Finished 9th out of 15 in my race. No crashes!
Strava - Race Data

2012-Mar-5
Krav 1 and 2 classes, 60min each
Lots of sparring and sprawls!

No comments:

Post a Comment