Thursday, March 1, 2012

2012 Crossfit Games Week 2


I know that there is only a slim chance (like snowball's chance in hell) that I will make it to the regional competition unless the stars align and all the remaining workouts are stuff I am really good at. Maybe max 1 rep shoulder press for three weeks in a row! Yeah, that's the ticket.... but come on, that's not likely, right? Anyway, so far the Open has been a lot of fun so far and I have no regrets for entering.

The last week has gone by so fast! Even with a day or so being a bit sick, I still had a pretty good week of work. I can't wait to see what the 12.3 WOD will be.




2012-March-1
Crossfit Central WOD
Games 12.2
Proceed through the sequence below completing as many reps as possible in 10 minutes of:

30 Snatch (M 75 / F 45 lbs)
30 Snatch (M 135 / F 75 lbs)
30 Snatch (M 165 / F 100 lbs)
Max Rep Snatch (M 210 / F 120 lbs)

This workout begins from the standing position. The athlete will complete all reps at the first weight before advancing to the next weight. Score is total reps completed in 10min.

Score:  46


This is less reps than I expected, but I have never snatched that much weight once much less for reps. I like snatching. Need to do more of it.

After work:
Yoga for Athletes - Zen session!


2012-Feb-29
Krav Maga classes, level 1 and 2

2012-Feb-28
Crossfit Central WOD
CFT part 1
Back squat - 335 (miss 365)
Shoulder Press - 205

2012-Feb-27
Krav Maga classes, level 1 and 2

2012-Feb-26
Was under the weather when I woke up, so I took it easy. Did a Yoga session later in the day and walked with the dogs for a bit. Took a few naps along the way.

2012-Feb-25
Went hiking for a few hrs on green belt. I need to get a good backpack to carry more load on hikes. Almost like old ruck marches except for fun. Hmm.

2012-Feb-24
Restorative Yoga & walked the dogs...active rest day.




No comments:

Post a Comment