Tuesday, December 21, 2010

12/21 - HIIT me!

Decided, today, that it was a good day to bring back a workout I used to do often (and should keep doing)...the HIIT bike intervals. I forgot how brutal it can be - if you are willing to push hard enough. My goal is to keep at least 82 RPM the whole way...it's easy when resistance is low, and a real bitch when you get to 16 and up!

HIIT Bike
5 min warmup

For  max calories:
4 rounds: Ride 1 min each of the following resistance settings: 10, 12, 14, 16
1 round as above, adding level 18 as a 5th minute
456 cal

5 min ride out/cool down

Extra Helpings
1) Run 800m - 5:32
holy crap my legs = smoked from HIIT, that run was no fun!

2) 50 situps, using big stupid bouncy ball and a leg curl machine to make a GHD...it worked, kinda :))

No comments:

Post a Comment