Thursday, December 30, 2010

12/30 - Chocolate milk for recovery...for real?


According to this article, chocolate milk is a great post-workout recovery drink.  Here is another posting about the same thing.

Thoughts?
 
I found out yesterday that the free workouts at Crossfit Central were supposed to be limited to two per person, so with respect to that I went to the globo-gym I have a membership with (for days like this) to get some work done. I've finally figured out that I can't just go there and come up with something and be effective. I have to have a plan going in! I think there's just too much "crap" (eg curl machines) there...sensory overload maybe? With my plan in one hand and a bottle of water in the other, it was time to see how planning a workout works out.

Strength
Find 1RM front-squat
5-5-3-3-3-1-1-1-1
135, 155, 185, 185, 185, 225, 235, 245, 255(PR)

50 each:
Lunge steps, 45lb plate over head
KB snatch, 45lb bell
KB swing/release, 45lb bell

WOD
5 Rounds
5 dead lift, 225lb
10 pushups
5:41

Post Party
Run 800m
Walk 100m
Run 400m
30 reps med ball crunch - overhead to knees, 14lb


That was quite a lot of work! I didn't think, looking at it, that it would be too bad, but wow...I am wiped! I am, however, glad that I can get in proper work at the globo...all it takes is a plan! It's like going scuba diving: plan the dive, dive the plan!

No comments:

Post a Comment