Saturday, June 4, 2011

Be Aggressive...B E Aggressive :)

Man, it feels so good to take aggression out. I guess I have a lot of built-up stress in my life, and now I feel like I have a bunch of outlets which I can utilize to both reduce stress and improve my fitness. A win-win, right?

Being aggressive definitely pays off in these classes, and I'm learning that I can hit the bags, held by a buddy, full on without worry of injuring him.

2011-June-4 - Krav Maga Class
This was my 2nd KM class, and it was both fun and a fantastic workout at the same time. We did a bunch of different strikes, kicks, knees, choke defense, and finished off by everyone running around the room trying to choke everyone and anyone while trying not to get choked! I hate when people have their hands on my neck, and even in class I got a shiver down my spine the first few times! I feel very confident that I can break a choke hold and do some damage retaliating. Let's hope the only place it ever happens is in another class, though.  So far so good, I love it. Between this and my CrossFit Classes, it's gonna be a great summer.

2011-June-3 - KO Bag class
This was the first time I had taken a bag class, and I had no idea what to expect. The instructor is one of those no freakin' BS, get it done NOW, but in a cool way kind of guys. I can identify with this and it works for me. We started off with single jabs, working into combinations, then adding kicks, and elbows! Loved it!

No comments:

Post a Comment