Monday, June 27, 2011

Already Monday!?

Wow that weekend went by way too fast! I can't even believe it. I guess time really does fly when you're having fun.

2011-June-27
Krav Maga class @ F&F

Worked on hammer fist, groin kicks, elbows, and ground defense. Fun game lay face down, jump up, find a pad to hit...love that!

2011-June-26
Scuba day..aka active rest - I really needed an easy day after the OLY seminar on the 25th. Went to San Marcos for some volunteer dives at Aquarena springs. Nice clear water, until we started cleaning up the Riverbed area.

2011-June-25
Olympic Lifting Seminar @ Fit & Fearless Crossfit
This was my first time to go to any of the Crossfit events at F&F, so I went there with an open mind and determined to get some knowledge and possibly even some skill!  We started out with the Burgener Warmup for the Snatch, then for the Clean & Jerk (full squat cleans w/Split Jerk). After three hours of skill work, we got to the bars to work a 1 rep max for each lift.

Snatch
45, 65, 75, 95, 115, 135x, 135, 155x, 155x = 135 
A bar overhead while in a squat is my kryptonite. This is why I attended. I still have a long way to go, but it was definitely helpful.

Clean & Jerk
135, 155, 175, 185, 205, 225
Man, I have to tell you - it feels good to win. By win I mean complete the biggest C&J of anyone at the seminar. I think I have another 10-20lbs in me, but a) we were out of time and b) after 3:45 of skills and such, I was pretty smoked. I was the only person do do 185 or more and w/the squat - I am not sure why the other guys were just power cleaning it...wtf?

Surprise AMRAP to finish up the seminar...
AMRAP -15min
6 squat clean, 115lb
12 pullups
24 double unders (my other kryptonite)
4 rounds + 1 pullup RX
I found it odd that so many of the other guys that were there, and regularly attend their classes, left! What the hell?

No comments:

Post a Comment