Thursday, June 16, 2011

You gotta work on stuff you're not good at.

I suck at overhead squats, which means I also suck at the snatch. I have known this for a long time, but I do not actively work on improving them. I know that just doing CrossFit and everything else I do is not going to magically make these movements improve, but alas I tend to ignore them. There are other things in my life that I actively work on, but these? Not so much. I've been working on mobility a lot more, which will help, but it can't replace actually doing these - even with just my broomstick.

I hereby commit to work on these every week. There's no fucking reason I should struggle to OHS 95lbs being as strong as I am in other lifts (CFT around 1000, for example).

What do you struggle with?

2011 June 16 - Crossfit Central WOD
5x2 hang snatch (coach said not to go heavy, work on form)
45, 45, 65, 65, 75

Cindy B
AMRAP 15min
1 hang snatch
2 overhead squat
1 hang snatch
250m row
4rnds + 2 OHS @ 75lb

After work:
Yoga for Athletes
Focus this month is still on handstands. I'm sure it'll be painfully fun.
Update: Man...when I think of yoga I think of calm, not pain and groaning!!

No comments:

Post a Comment