Friday, July 15, 2011

Hay-makers inbound!

This has been a really long week. I've done a lot of work and my fuel has been much better! Also, my laundry work has gone up - that is not a good benefit, is it?  Looking forward to Yoga tomorrow and taking a day to go diving on Sunday.

2011-Jul-15
KO Bag Kickboxing Class 
Man, today's class was hard. The usual combination type stuff then a surprise 1min of max round kicks using both legs if you want from any stance. I got 86. Not the best, far from the worst.

Krav Maga Level 1/2 Class
There was no break between the KO class and this one, so I hurried to hit the restroom and get back. We did a long warmup of shoulder/head/knee touch with partner then added jumping knee to chest 3x on command and three sprawls on command. I was hurting, but trying to keep breath control and not get hit. After some punch work we did the 360 defense. It's pretty damn intense to stand in the room with your eyes closed then wait for someone to tap you from some random direction, then immediately throw a huge hay-maker right at your head, side, or groin! The knife defense class really helped with this. Thankfully they had pads on their arms - I saw someone miss the block and take a pad to the head - no, not me (luckily).

No comments:

Post a Comment