Friday, July 29, 2011

Keep moving

I've had an up and down week.It's amazing how much sleep interruptions can impact the next day. This week, with a sick dog, I've been woken up multiple times a night for a few nights in a row. I find myself fatigued, headaches, and just kinda blah. I have avoided naps b/c they usually make sleeping at night a struggle.

With Crossfit Central taking a normal week off for the Crossfit Games, I will keep moving by doing Krav Maga, Kickboxing, and some much needed Yoga. I've got that and a bunch of scuba diving this weekend, which will make the weekend go by way too fast!

I have GOT to do even more mobility work!  I'm going to go to Mobility WOD every day and do the day's MWOD to help loosen up my "grody grilled cheese glued together muscles."  :))

2011-Jul-28
Krav Maga 1
Today's class was fantastic! Really worked hard today, punches and hammer fists, then side hammers with power. It's crazy how much harder you can hit when you do it correctly. BOOM! BOOM BOOM! Awesome stuff. Finished the class with a 4 on 1 attack drill, which is pretty crazy - getting hit from all directions and fight them off for 1 min doesn't seem like long...yeah, it's a long f-ing minute!

Yoga For Athletes
Still in flow and zen week. Lots of nice long poses.

2011-Jul-27
Krav Maga 1
Class started off pretty rough: 4 rounds 20 jumping jacks, 20 pushups, 20 crunches, 20 squats.  What do you think of that for a warmup? We worked on straight punches, low and high, kicks, and choke defense.

KO Bag Kickboxing
More of the same...Fun. Pain. Sweat..a lot. Rinse & repeat.

No comments:

Post a Comment