Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Birthday Temptations ... Nice try!

On the 14th, I turned 38. Big deal. I am not one of those people that is all hyped on birthday BS, but it is nice to gather up friends and have dinner or something. I went to dinner, with Fitness Rehab fully in my focus. The restaurant we went to, Gumbo's, is really good. At the same time, it's a minefield of sauces, butter, and everything else that we love. I ordered a NY strip & grilled asparagus with a spinach salad, no dressing thank you, and water. No wine. No bread. No dessert. I didn't feel cheated. I didn't feel like I missed out.

Your friends can sabotage you though, so you have to watch out! One of them actually said "Oh come on man, it's your birthday! Have some cake and a glass of wine...what's the harm in it?"  This is a slippery slope, at least for me. I said "Ok man, let's do it...and then meet me at 615am for a 5-mile run tomorrow morning to pay for it."  I guess I don't need to say, but that got a big F-U :)  I left happy that I could face that challenge. That just say no thing is nice sometimes!

Day 10 of Fitness Rehab is already here. Going by really fast! Having lost 7lbs, I am kinda scared to get on the scale and find that it's not real haha


2011-Aug-16
Crossfit Central WOD
“Stacy M”
AMRAP in 3 mins /Rest 1 Min
Repeat 5 X
9  Box Jumps
6  DB Goblet Squats
9  Pushups
14 rounds total, Rx

Mobility:
Roll out before CC class, TP 6 points after.

2011-Aug-15
Krav Maga Class
A tough class tonight. Lots of kicking drills are no joke!

KO Bag Kickboxing
After 15min break from Krav, I was feeling pretty good. We started off fast and the pace never let up. Lots of burpees, too, which caused a lot of complaining from everyone!

Mobility:
Stretching & TP 6 pts

2011-Aug-14
Went diving, spent 3.5hrs searching for and recovering treasure (aka sunglasses & money). Good time!

Mobility: 
TP 6 points

No comments:

Post a Comment