Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Commitment

Thank you Holiday Inn Express, for the luggage cart!
What is commitment?  I found a definition that I really like, and it rings true for me.

Sticking with something long after the mood you said it in has left you.


2011-Aug-30
Crossfit Central WOD
Crossfit Total - Day 1
Backsquat 1-1-1
315, 365, 385

Shoulder Press 1-1-1
185, 205, 215X

Krav Maga
Worked hammer fists, groin kicks, combo drills of hammer - groin kick - hammer fist down, drill where someone holds you back while you pull to strike (awesome!), and bear hug defense (rear).

Yoga for Athletes
Zen week! Nice long stretchy poses..just what I needed!

2011-Aug-29
Krav Maga 
Worked straight punches, front kicks, knees, and fall breaks. Fun class!

KO Bag - Kickboxing
Good class, kept us moving and working hard the whole time. Getting stronger and better at this finally!

2011-Aug-28
Two deep technical dives in the Gulf of Mexico - what a fantastic day! The pic in this posting is the tanks we used for just three divers...that's a lot of gas!  It's pretty neat to be on the bottom of the gulf, picking through little shells and such. We did see (and kill) a Lionfish, which is sad b/c they are now all the way to the coast of Texas.

My weekly cheat meal: Two Whataburger Juniors with bacon and jalapeno and a large unsweet tea. It tasted good, but man...I paid the price for it. Didn't like the gut bomb at all.

2011-Aug-27
Took the dogs for a nice long walk, and spent the rest of the day getting ready for diving on the 28th. I guess it was pretty much a rest day, my first in 21 days, so I didn't feel too bad about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment