Tuesday, August 23, 2011

The clock doesn't lie

One thing about Crossfit is that your time is your time. There's no grey area. It is what it is. I love when I can beat my time by even a few seconds, but over a minute and a half? Hell yeah!

When I saw today's workout "Griff," I was immediately thinking something like "Ugh. I f-king hated that WOD last time!" To be honest, I didn't really have much better mojo about it when we started our warmup, which included a heck of a twist. It wasn't until the 2nd 800 that I started to feel it. My 2nd 800 and 400 were faster than the fist two, ending with a PR for the time.

Last time we did that WOD, I was wearing Brooks running shoes, and during the backwards 400 runs I was in serious pain, the arches of my feet revolting with every stride. Today I wore my Nike Frees and I felt fine. I did concentrate on landing flat-footed, rather than on my toes, so that could be part of it. Either way, it was much easier without that pain.

2011-Aug-23
Crossfit Central WOD
Usual fast feet, high knees, squat, pushups & such, but then the warmup included this:
"Warmup" AMRAP - 5min
5 burpees
10 goblet squats, 24kg
15 russian swing, 24kg
3 rounds Rx in "conserve energy" mode :)

"Griff"
800m Run
400m Run Backwards
800m Run
400m Run Backwards
16:32 (PR)

Post WOD fun
25 medball situp toss to partner, 12lb ball
1 min plank
25 medball situp toss to partner, 12lb ball
1 min plank
untimed

No comments:

Post a Comment