Thursday, August 25, 2011

The funny thing about Crossfit...

...is, to me anyway, how I can see a workout on the board and think "oh man, I will crush this" and then get humble pie, or think "oh man, this will suck" and come out with a big PR. Tuesday "Griff" was all in my head b/c of how bad it was the previous time, and I hit a PR...today, I thought "I will do the most reps today" and, to be honest, I sucked. I have a couple ideas of why, but they are just BS so whatever. I'm gonna try to get in some more work later today.

On the other hand, I did get a PR on weighted strict pullups - 12kg. Not a huge pull, but it's something.

2011-Aug-25
Crossfit Central WOD
Weighted Pullups 7x1
0, 10lb, 10lb, 15lb, 12kg (pr), 16kg miss, 12kg 

AMRAP 5 min
Squat Clean, 155lb
10 Rx ...ridiculous..missed at least 5-6, and it got in my head bad.

2011-Aug-24
Krav Maga 
Easy warmup started, then "that warmup was too easy...everyone knock out 100 squats."  That changed things! I knocked them out pretty fast. The class was good, lots of punching and kicking, as usual, and then some ground defense stuff, which is always fun (and hard!).

KO Bag Kickboxing
Wicked Wednesday didn't disappoint! We must have done close to 50 more squats, 25-30 burpees, and still made time to rock that back with focus on powerful punches and kicks. Good stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment