Friday, August 12, 2011

Temptations are everywhere ... Rehab Day 7

Last night I went to the scuba shop to finish setting up some stuff for some upcoming technical dives. While there, the first thing I noticed was the smell of fresh french fries. It smelled good, no doubt about it. No big deal, really. Then 30-45min later in comes an instructor with two plates of home-made cookies. "Hey boys, they are still warm, come n' get em while you can!"

A couple weeks ago, I am pretty sure I would have partaken in the warm cookie feast, happily sabotaging the path toward my goals with a gluttonous "how bad could it be?" Ridiculous as that sounds, it's pretty much the case. Probably for a lot of people. Having focus back on what I am feeding my fire with has been quite an eye-opener. It's been everything from shocking to amazing, and a little bit embarrassing as well. Embarrassing because I have basically had to own-up to doing what I knew was making a whole lot of very hard work go basically to waste, but not doing anything to fix it. This is one of those situations where reaching out for help has been one of the best things I have done for myself in a long time.

I started logging my food and workouts again. I have been really good about logging my workouts, but as we know that is not the whole picture!

2011-Aug-12
Food: 100% from list

KO Bag Kickboxing
45 min of fun and aggression release :)


Mobility TP, six points



No comments:

Post a Comment