Monday, January 3, 2011

Fitness is not a resolution

It's that time of year again. Tons of people are donning their running shoes and heading to the gym. It's fantastic, but how many will be there in March? August? Rather than a resolution to "get fit," why not set specific goals?

Here are my 2011 fitness goals:
1) CFT 1050
2) 5k run in under 25:00
3) 15 unbroken pullups (kipping)
4) HSPU as RX
5) Complete CC Flyers as RXd (3 rounds: 400m run, 21 box jump, 12 overhead squat 95lb)


The first mile of the run today was such a struggle. I felt like my body was not wanting to run at all. I felt the urge to pee, my back started hurting, and the arches of my feet started rebelling. Maybe it was trying to see how committed I was to the 5k. Whatever the case, I pushed through and completed the run while increasing the pace as I went, which I am happy about.  I've done a good bit of running over the last couple weeks, and it just may be getting a bit easier. Time to push harder, right?
 
2011-Jan-03 WOD
Run 5k
32:32

30 GH back extensions

No comments:

Post a Comment