Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Just go for it!

Today I was able to get to the gym nice and early, and I was shocked to see every treadmill had someone running or walking, both of the C2 rowers were in use (though their technique was horrid), and people were actually squatting in both squat racks. Wow!

I headed upstairs and got on the upright bike and prepared to rock that mother. After a nice warmup, I started my HIIT intervals. Today was a bit better than the last time I did these, which is nice! The last minute of each round after the first I was standing on the pedals - this will get you some "WTF" looks from "Mr Newspaper Reader" and "Mrs. Romance Novel" who are happy to sit and basically not even break a sweat, but that's OK! Just go for it and reap the benefits.
My order from Advocare should be here today -- Catalyst, Nighttime Recovery, and Post-Workout Recovery.  What do you take? Why?

HIIT Bike
7 min warmup
For  max calories:
4 rounds: Ride 1 min each of the following resistance settings: 10, 12, 14, 16
1 round as above, adding level 19 as a 5th minute
466 cal
5 min ride out/cool down

Second Helping
Run 800m

30 medball situps (14lb) touch floor above head and between feet each rep.

Later, the dogs and I will go for a nice two-mile jog around the neighborhood. I've been doing a shit ton of laundry lately and lots of showers lately, but this is a good thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment