Friday, February 5, 2010

Feb 5 - Overcome


If you know me well, or even a little, you probably know that running is not my favorite thing in the world to do. I knew I had to get some running in today, so I decided to bring back a WOD that we were given a few weeks ago -- the 200x8 sprints.  So the first couple runs were pretty good, I felt consistent and finished both around :40.  The third was :48 and the thoughts such as "I can't keep the pace high...I can't run that fast so many times" and so on were creeping into my head. I decided that can't was not an option, and that I would run that fast five more times.  My fastest was the last run, and though it sucked very much, I felt like I had overcome the BS my mind was telling me after the third run. If you think you can't, you're right.

Strength/Skill
25 OHS, broomstick
30 ring dips - far from unbroken set

EPOC Endurance Wod
8x200 sprint, rest 3:1
Slowest was :48, fastest  :39

Extra Endurance Fun
Tabada Row, max effort 20:10, 5min
1298m covered.

I have not done this before, and it hurt more than the running!

100 Days of Squats Challenge
Day 10 - 100 Squats...done!

Yoga
Namaste, 30min
TP/Foam roll after


Food
  • 745am - Omelet w/jalapeno and mushroom cooked in coconut oil, tukey sausage, coffee, water
  • 130pm - Can of tuna, banana, water (post workout)
  • 400pm - Snacked on some roasted turkey I was cutting up, plumb, nut/seed mix, water 
  • 500pm - Small whey shake, pear, almonds, water
  • 800pm - Roasted turkey, steamed veggies, almond butter for desert, water

    No comments:

    Post a Comment