I've been reading Elliot's blog, and it's inspired me to start adding more work. Specifically, things I need to improve. Today was the first go at this.
Skill / Strength
Skill / Strength
1 - As many single unders as possible, unbroken: 154
2 - 50 double unders. No subs: Legs look like I took a whippin'
EPOC Challenge WOD - Elite
5 rounds (couplet)10 - Dumbbell Clean Men - 45lbs*
5 - 20 yard sprints
*No dumbbells, subbed 135lb barbell squat cleans*
Squat cleans = no joke, a bit tired maybe from Cindy yesterday. Sprints were not fun, either. Good workout.
EndurancePlanned: EPOC Endurance WOD, Week 2:
200m sprint x 8 - rest 3x the amount of time the previous sprint took before starting next sprint.
Actual: Bike ride 8 laps, all out intervals around my block
As fast as possible going up the hill side of the block and rest going down the back side.
16:44 total time, the back side of the block kept getting slower and slower :))
I have never met pukie on my bike before tonight. Thankfully it was more like his little cousin, but still. That was no joke! The block is about 7/10 of a mile; it's a mild and constant hill about 2/3 of the way around to go all out, and a shorter street that goes back down to the bottom of the hill to rest.
The sprints in the couplet WOD really made my recurring Achilles tendinitis flare up. I was limping a little after that WOD, so I came up with the other "great" idea instead.
I am smoked like a pack of Kools! I've had a few nights this week of less sleep than I want. With buying a house, just can't seem to turn off my brain to fall asleep, and I'm waking up way before the alarm goes off. Tonight, though, I think I'll sleep fine :)
- 750am - Egg beaters, turkey bacon, tomato, nuts, coffee, water
- 1000am - Snack of roast beef, tomato, nuts, water
- 1245pm - Pan seared tilapia fillet, pan seared zucchini, steamed broccoli, almonds, water
- 4pm - Roast beef, nuts, water
- 730pm - Seared tilapia, 1/2 small sweet potato, salad of spinach, tomato, walnuts, EVOO, some coconut water, and more plain water.
- 940pm - snack of turkey meatloaf, bit of sun butter crack, and water